Surf Guitar Pickups

Surf Guitar Pickups

Clint: Attention: If your band has a music video or you know of a surf music video, please pass it along and I’ll add it to my YouTube channel: www.youtube.... Thanks!

Do I really want a Humbucker in the bridge for Surf Music or Shadows Music? I bought this used, and I notice a drop in volumn when I switch to #5 for the Humbucker, or should I split it and make it a single coil and a bucker?

SURF

Split it. I've got a LP copy with 2 split HB's (SH-2 in the neck, SH-4 in the bridge) and can get a decent tone.

Pro842 Surf Green Thinline Alder Body Gf Tron Alnico Pickups

Yeah I was gonna create a thread and ask if anyone uses split humbuckers for a Surf guitar ever. I have a DeArmond Jetstar copy that came with 4 wire pickups. So I split them and put a tremelo bar on it and it makes a fine surf guitar

I went to the trouble of adding a coil split to my AMG 100, the Dan Armstrong reissue with the modular pickups for which there are no other pickups available except for handmade from Kent Armstrong. I had to add a banana plug to the guitar to mate with the otherwise unused jack on the pickup. Interestingly, the pictures of single-coil pickups I've seen don't have this jack, so they would no longer fit on my guitar.

Thanks. My other option is to get another Strat pickguard and put a set of MIM Strat pickups that I already have lying around in there instead of the HB. If I do split the HB, should I go for a pushpull pot to switch back and forth?

Fender American Performer Telecaster With Humbucker Satin Surf Green

Yeah I don't know if I would say that push-pull is the best. It doesn't change the look which is maybe the only positive aspect? Then again a switch is so much easier to toggle the trying to grab something with no grabbable lip. So going between humbucking and split with a push-pull can be not so fun when it's timing sensitive.

A split humbucker will never get the same tone as a real single coil, although it will be closer to it than a humbucker. The output will be lower and not sound as clear. I would swap that S-S-S pickguard you have if you want to get that vintage sound.Clint: Attention: If your band has a music video or you know of a surf music video, please pass it along and I’ll add it to my YouTube channel: www.youtube.... Thanks!

SurfGuitar101.com

I love the look of the Jag and Jazz, and I grew up thinking the Mosrite design was the coolest thing ever but I'm a strat guy at heart and would say it's my favorite surf guitar. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/cratz2/Guitars/DSC_6968a1surf.jpg

Sawtooth Es Relic Electric Guitar, Surf Green Retro Pack

This is my 1962/3 Fujigen.. I just got it up and running with some handwound Pyramid Strings... I run it through a Hendrix Experience pedal into a Peavey XR-700 powered mixer, that has a tweakable reverb that kicks a$$. I am getting a better sound now than ever, with this old MIJ relic, better than my Tele or my Strat... I have 20 guitars and this baby is my fave... I remember how guitars sounded thru the old crappy record players (mono too kids, none a this fancy STEREO stuffs!) we had back then... a far cry from what we are used to now.. so this is closest to what I remember hearing back in the day.. it is an odd combo, but it works for me... when I get my DAW back running (checksum errors) I will make a recording for ya all to hear...

Currently play and really dig the Jazzmaster. Very intrigued with the Jaguar. But will probably end up settling down withimage a custom-color Stratocaster

-

I did all mods myself, even neck thinning and refinishing. Somehow, it all works as I had hoped. Planning and soldering connections on the 11-position switch was the most time consuming part. The rectangular pickup is the 3rd or 4th pickup I tried in the bridge position, this one has a chimey but not thin or piercing surfy tone.

Surf Green Guitar

The pickguard has visible pick dust from my shredding picks against the nickelplated steel strings (gauges 50, 36, 26, 16, 11, 9).

Jag for me. I grew up listening to Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, the Flaming Lips and more recently Mono, so I guess I'll never be able to think of the Jazzmaster as anything else than an indie rock guitar. Besides, I got a Jag a few days ago and this guitar's got surf coming out of every pore of the wood

Surf

As for the Strat, well, it's got the right sound for surf, but I don't think I'll ever play one again. My first guitar back in the early 90s was a cheap brandless supermarket strat copy. It was a terrible guitar. Wouldn't keep in tune, could not be adjusted, almost impossible to play and on top of everything it sounded awful. It was such a bad experience that seeing a strat -- even a high end one -- still makes me wince. I guess I'm through with them... but I may eventually trick myself into getting a Jack & Danny JM-10, which is basically a Strat disguised as a Jag/Jazz. If it's anything like my J&D Tele then it's an awesome guitar for the price. I wish there had been such good cheap guitars around back when I started.

Fender Squier Aff Precision Bass Pj Surf Green

About a month ago, I got a great deal on a new Classic Player JM, and fell in love with the sound on that as well. Between the two, I haven't touched my Les Paul in months.

Here's my most customized surf guitar: Four magnetic pickups selectable any 1 or 2 together with rotary 11-position switch and Roland hex pickup Each pickup from a different manufacturer. 2 pickups have glitter coatings. Treble bleed on volume control Massive weighting added to trem block for sustain Neck thinned in half for extreme playability Frets dressed for low action Surf green body, Holographic inlays on fretboard High mass saddles, roller trees, graphite nut, and locking tuners I did all mods myself, even neck thinning and refinishing. Somehow, it all works as I had hoped. Planning and soldering connections on the 11-position switch was the most time consuming part. The rectangular pickup is the 3rd or 4th pickup I tried in the bridge position, this one has a chimey but not thin or piercing surfy tone. The pickguard has visible pick dust from my shredding picks against the nickelplated steel strings (gauges 50, 36, 26, 16, 11, 9). —

Fender

I built a candy red Jazzmaster from Warmoth parts a few years ago, unfortunately, I'm about 2000 miles from my pix of it..

Fender American Special Stratocaster Surf Green Kaufen?

0 Response to "Surf Guitar Pickups"

Posting Komentar