Seagull Acoustic Guitar Forum

Seagull Acoustic Guitar Forum

Went in today to see a used Seagull S6. Just about to pull the trigger but there was a crack in the top. I was sad when my wife looked at the new one there on sale. So my wife loves me so much she got me the new one. I'm a happy man.

You should be happy and your wife is a keeper. Congratulations! I have the same guitar and love it. I swear it just keeps sounding better and better (I'm hoping part of the reason is that my playing is improving).

NGD

My suggestion would be to have a good set up done on it. The action can be brought down some at both the saddle and nut. I love the feel of the neck. Enjoy yours!

Seagull Guitars S6+ Cedar Acoustic Guitars

Congrats! I had one a few years ago but sold it - way too big for me. But I have the Coastline folk (mmmm cedar!), it's little brother, and am in the market for another gull. Enjoy!

I'm loving it. It has so much volume, is so easy to play. I'm going to love this thing for a long time.

Awesome! Enjoy. It's a great instrument. I like pretty much all Godin guitars but I truly believe that their sweet spot, their bread and butter is that solid cedar over cherry lam. Dang, I'm gonna go play mine now!

Ngd Seagull S6

I am a Martin guy, a flat-picker. However, I have always wanted to own a Seagull S6. Here is the thing about them IMHO. You can walk into a store with 50 guitars hanging on the wall in the same price range as the S6. Most of them will sound different but similar if you know what I mean. When you get to the S6 it has a tone all it's own. It is such a neat tone too! One day I will own one. It is on the list.

My first guitar I bought when starting to play in 2011 was a Seagull S6, I have it at our cabin, love playing it!!!!!!!

Barry Avalon Ard Ri L2-320C, Furch Yellow, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW Cordoba C5, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra CE and a few others My YouTube Celtic playlist (subscribers welcome!) My YouTube nylon playlist Scarborough Fair:It has some deep scratches, like half way on the sound board and bunch of pick scratches but no cracks that I can see.

Seagull Excursion A Flop??

Does anyone know if Schaller tuners were stock for Seagull guitars back then? They would seem to be a luxury item on a somewhat budget guitar.

SOLD

Robj144, that's what I was thinking, as well. I wouldn't expect Schaller tuners on a mid-line 1991 Seagull. Someone likely replaced them.

Maybe, but they sit perfectly as seen from the back. And look perfectly, too. Much better than Gotoh tuners knobs popular replacement with Seagull owners.

Seagull Performer Cw Mini Jumbo Hg Presys Ii Acoustic Guitar W/bag

Do they? If you look closely at the top right tuner, there's some discoloration in the stain at the bottom as if to indicate that's where the previous tuner sat. Also, to a lesser degree on the bottom right.

Also, the screws are not perfectly centered relative to the bottom of the tuners on all of them. As if someone was moving the bottom of the tuners such that they covered up the previous tuner's wear.

NGD!!!

This image is of a 1991 S6 sold on Reverb. The image is not great but they appear to be Schallers. Two 1991's that have had tuners changed to Schallers, I doubt it. Also, if the tuners were replaced on the OP's guitar, man they did a nice job. That's the way I want mine to look. I say very possibly original.

What Was Your First Guitar, And Do You Still Have It?

It was not his guitar. His brother was the one to play and left it with him when he moved out of state.

Me too. But I will stay with my stock tuners (Ping?), they keep tuning just fine. And to spend over $100 for a thing that does not improve tone and playability is too much a luxury for me.

In the future you should go easy on the oil. For an entire fretboard you should be thinking in terms of maybe 3 drops of oil (literally) on a cotton cloth and using that to rub down the board - let it sit for a few minutes, then take a dry cotton cloth and wipe off any residue that may remain. You want the rosewood (or ebony on a higher end guitar) to look like dry (but not dried out) wood - and definitely not oily and shiny as it appears in the posted photos. Too much oil on a fretboard can make the wood slightly soggy which is not good for it being able to properly hold the fret wires or for standing up to wear and tear of fretting (wearing away the wood accelerates the formation of low spots in the wood that cannot be repaired.

Seagull

Seagull 051953 Maritime Sws Cw Gt Presys Ii 6 String Rh Electric Acoustic Guitar 051953

My blue label Spruce Deluxe has Seagull branded chrome plated Ping tuners. I think it's not as a old as 1991, but probably around 1993. They work just fine. Best money I spent on it was a bone nut and saddle replacement and installing Elixir Nanoweb strings.

Looks like the swtich to Seagull branded Ping tuners happened sometime after your's was made. Mine is about a '93 as near as I can approximate. The holes are a different alignment than the Schallers.

Hi, I just acquired a 1985 S6, serial number 8126. It's tuners have been replaced with Gotoh and the neck needs a truss rod adjustment but I'm excited about what it can be! I've owned a few Seagulls before but never one this old.

Crafter De8 12/n (12 String, Made In Korea) Dreadnought Acoustic Guita

Does anyone have any recommendation on how to care for the cedar top? It's been in a basement for years so I'm humidifying it, and am going to oil the fretboard tonight when I replace the strings. I have no idea what to do with the cedar top though - soap and water? I assume no polish, but I have no idea. Any thoughts are welcome!

NGD

0 Response to "Seagull Acoustic Guitar Forum"

Posting Komentar